Nutrition amount per serving
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated low-fat milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Place oven rack to lowest. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Prepare filling: Mix first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, beat it using a whisk. Now add pumpkin, beat until smooth.
- Prepare crust: Roll dough into an 11-inch circle; fit into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under and flute. Pour pumpkin mixture into the crust. Put pie plate on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet on lowest oven rack. Allow it to bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Minimize oven temperature to 350° (do not takeout pie from oven); bake an additional 50 minutes or until almost set. Allow it to cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare topping: Beat cream with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Add the amaretto and powdered sugar, and beat until blended. Serve with pie.
- Refrigerated pie dough makes this classic pumpkin pie recipe simple to prepare. Bake the pie on a baking sheet in the lower third of the oven to encourage a crisp crust.
12 servings (serving size: 1 piece)