This is a very light dinner dish of grilled chicken with authentic quinoa Greek salad.
- 1 lb. chicken fillets
- ½ lb. round tomatoes (sliced)
- 8 Kalamata olives
- 1 lemon for juice and zest
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. quinoa
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 finely chopped red chili pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ c. feta cheese (crumbled)
- Mint leaves as desired (chopped)
- Follow package instructions to cook quinoa until done. Thoroughly rinse the cooked quinoa under running water and drain.
- In the meantime, mix together garlic, chili pepper and butter into a paste.
- Toss together chicken fillets with some seasoning and 1 tablespoon olive oil until well coated.
- Arrange the coated chicken fillets in a hot griddle pan and cook until cooked through, for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate, sprinkle with the spiced butter and let melt.
- Combine together mint, feta cheese, onion, olives and tomatoes in a bowl; toss the mixture and mix in the cooked quinoa. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, seasoning and the remaining olive oil. Top with the chicken fillets and spiced butter.