- 4 potatoes
- Oil for deep-frying, as needed
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 canned or 200g whole tomatoes
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Peel the potatoes, cut into rectangular sticks, and soak in water. Remove the seeds of chili pepper, soak in hot water to soften, and mince.
- Peel the garlic and mince. Mince the onions as well.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the garlic, chili pepper, and onion for a few minutes. When the aroma of garlic rises, add the whole tomatoes and salt. Occasionally stir the sauce and simmer until the juice thickens.
- Drain the potatoes and dry completely with paper towels. Heat the oil at a medium temperature and deep-fry the potatoes for about 3 minutes. Drain the oil completely.
- Place the deep-fried potatoes in the center of a plate and serve with the tomato and garlic sauce.