Are you a pork fan? Then this recipe cannot be left behind. This one would be preferable for winters when the temperature is low. Pork helps keep the body warm in such temperatures which is why it is perfect for such seasons. But, preparing pork requires enough time as well. You cannot prepare the meal unless you have 3-4 hours extra to spare for the meal. But, all this time will bring out the final product which is undoubtedly finger-licking. Pork needs preparation time plus to ensure that it absorbs the juicy flavours, it has to be thick. So, to cook the thick pork chops, prepare it a few hours before. If cooked properly it helps keep the meat tender as well. Another good way to make it glaze better would be to brown the meat and then put in slow cooker. This brings out the flavour as well. You would surely love it with green beans, carrots and apples. Let’s learn it.
Balsamic Glazed Pork with Apples, carrots, and Green Beans
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds thick (about 3/4-inches) pork chops, trimmed of any fat
- 2 heaping cups largely chopped carrots (1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups green beans, tough ends removed
- 3 apples such as Granny Smith or McIntosh, cored and cut into 1-inch thick wedges
- 1 cup fat-free and low sodium chicken stock, vegetable stock or pork stock
- For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or shoyu or coconut aminos
- 1/4 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Blend the marinade in an extensive bowl, and include the pork slashes, hurling to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place pork cleaves and in a hot dish on the stove best and burn both sides, cooking for 1 to 2 minutes over high warmth on every side, until only the outside of every pork slash is seared. Expel the pork slashes from the container. Add the marinade to the hot container and scratch the base for any bits.
- Add the stock and vegetables to the moderate cooker, and spot the meat on top. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, until the pork slashes are cooked through and vegetables are delicate. Serve.