In this recipe, you can easily replace pecorino cheese with parmesan cheese. The wraps are excellent for a fulfilling lunch.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 24 stalks asparagus
- ½ c. milk
- 8 eggs
- ¼ c. grated pecorino cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. roughly chopped fresh sage
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, beat eggs well. Stir in milk, pecorino, thyme, sage, and pepper.
- Arrange the asparagus in a pan with enough salted boiling water to cover the asparagus. Cook until tender but still crisp, for about 2 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick pan on medium heat. Pour some of the egg mixture in the pan and roll the pan until the mixture is thinly layered over the bottom of the pan. Cook the egg mixture for about 2 minutes or until one side is cooked well. Lower heat and flip the eggs to cook the other side. Repeat with the rest of the egg mixture. Keep egg wraps warm until serving.
- Fill wraps with the cooked asparagus and sprinkle with more grated pecorino. Serve immediately.